The following may be helpful for your dealings with employees.
Here are some template letters from Fair Work Australia for employers to use when hiring, managing an employee or ending the employment of an employee.
These templates will continue to be updated over time, so while the templates below will be a guide as to what is required, you should check the Fair Work Australia site each time you wish to use them to ensure accuracy.
How to use these templates:
- download the template you want to use and save it to your computer
- fill in the red coloured sections that are also marked in square brackets
- delete any information that doesn’t apply to your situation
- delete any blue highlighted instructions
- delete the instructions at the beginning of the template
- proof read the letter and check you’re not missing anything
- check again to make sure no coloured or highlighted sections are left
- insert your logo, business name and contact details at the top of the template
- save and print.
- Employment records
- Employment records leave
- Letter of engagement, full-time, part-time, casual
- Letter of successful/unsuccessful probation
- Letter of first/second warning
- Letter of final warning
- Letter of termination of employment, redundancy
- Letter of termination with notice
- Letter of termination, serious misconduct, summary dismissal
- Template recording meetings with employees
- Pay slip template
- Weekly time and wages record worksheet
PAYG withholding tables
- Tax withheld calculator (for employers and other withholding payers)
- Tax tables
including regular payments (weekly, monthy), Higher Education Loan Program, Student Financial Supplement Scheme (SFSS), Medicare levy adjustments.
Other staff-related forms and tables
- FBT exempt work-related items
- FBT car calculator
- Gross up rates for FBT
- FBT: Application to register
- FBT: Notice of non-lodgement
- Tax table for back payments, commissions, bonuses and similar payments
- Tax table for employment termination payments
- Tax table for return to work payments
- Tax table for unused leave payments on termination of employment
- Tax table for payments made under voluntary agreements
- Special tax table for individuals employed in the horticultural or shearing industry